This Photography Blog Is Officially Launched
Let me be the first to welcome you to the first post on my photography blog, Mark's Photography Spot! In the wide world of photography, taking pictures, editing pictures, digital cameras or anything else related to capturing the world around us on film (believe it or not, some people still use film) or memory cards, Mark's Photography Spot is the new kid on the block. That being said, I'm excited to be the "latest and greatest" and I'm ready to stake my claim to a small piece of internet photography blog real estate :-)
Mark's Photography Spot is meant to be a place where anyone interested in taking pictures can come to learn about photography from someone who is also learning. I am definitely not an "expert" in any sense of the word but I am a motivated and enthusiastic amateur photographer who is willing to share my experiences and learn from others along the way. If you want to read more about my background, check out my "about" page.
I have big, big plans for this site and I'm looking forward to watching it grow over time. My hope is that as more and more people find out about this site I will be able to add to it and expand it to meet the needs of you, the reader. I see this site as a way for the average enthusiastic amateur photographer to expand their knowledge, learn about photography tools techniques and resources, share ideas and give/receive thoughtful feedback on the images they shoot. So, with that basic premise in mind, here are some of the things I'm thinking of doing with this blog.
- Post 2-3 times a week
- At least one post each week will be devoted to explaining or discussing an image that I took that turned out good or bad. I plan on using this as a way to help others learn from my mistakes and perhaps find some ideas in my few "successes".
- Try to build as much interactivity as possible by doing regular polls or other things to spark conversation about various subjects related to photography.
- I'd like to run the occasional contest to get the word out about the site but also to encourage readers to participate. I'm hoping to get some sponsorships of these contests so if you know of anybody involved in the photographic industry that has a neat product or service I'd love to talk to them!
- I think it would be helpful to get some insight from other photographers. To allow that to happen I will be actively looking for guest contributors. So, if you know of somebody who is passionate about photography (maybe even you!) email me at email@example.com and we can talk.
- I plan on keeping you informed of what books, software, equipment I'm using to improve my skills. This could be a quick review or just a head's up to let you know about something that I think deserves some attention.
- I'd love to be able to do a regular "photo critique" feature where we (as a community) offer constructive criticism and ideas on how to improve our photographs.
That's about it for now. I'm excited to get this blog going and I hope you will tell everyone you know about Mark's Photography Spot :-) Stay tuned for lots of great photography stuff and thanks for reading!